Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tagged - 2009 WoWage in Review

Thursday already?

Good lord this week is flying by....and I LOVE IT!

Our good friend over at Lincoln Freed the Slaves and retired WoW blogger, P. Is having his bachelor party this weekend.

Ahhhhh yea son. We decided to roll 8 deep (a few people flew....noobs imo) in two cars and head out to Indianapolis to watch the Colts vs Bronocs NFL game. P is an admitted Peyton Manning fanboy and I am still in the closet about my man-love for him.

Plus, there will be drugs and strippers!!

Can I get a hell yeah!?!

WTFspaghetti's 15 man Choir

/attitude

"OH HELL YEAAAAAH!!"
-------------------------------------

That is what I am talking about people!

Now for the WoW talk...but first....

WTFspaghetti does not recommend doing drugs or partying with strippers. Drug is a very general word that could mean anything from medicine to alcohol. We are not responsible for how you interrupt the word. In fact, it is defined as...

any substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or other animals

Now, the partying with strippers on the other hand is fun, but highly un-economical.

Ok, now that we got that little announcement out of the way...

Tagged - WoW meme

I love getting tagged. Makes you feel all warm in fuzzy. Its like the opposite feeling of getting picked last in elementary school for a game of pick up dodge ball. Which by the way is total bullshit, they knew I was way better then that bowlegged, smart girl Joyce...She couldn't even run to 1st base without take a 3-4 minute break with her inhaler!!

...damn kids...

right...back to subject

So "D" tagged myself in this particular meme and if you haven't checked out that blog, you really need to. There isn't too many blogs that I make sure to catch up on all of their articles when I go through them, but D's is definitely on that list.

Onward!!

What did you do in the World of Warcraft in 2009 that you'd never done before?

The thing that stands out the most is make a raiding guild with a few of my friends. We made it serious but very laid back and it was awesome. In my opinion, we actually succeeded way more then I thought we were going to. We had an awesome core group of people that I really like to raid with, but sadly...I couldn't take it the stress anymore of leading a large guild like Explicit was...

However, definitely the best time I have ever had in WoW and that is saying alot when you think I have been playing since 2004.

What was your favorite new place that you visited?

Yikes...there are so many!

I absolutely loved what Blizzard did with the WotLK expansion. The artwork overall is an A+ in my book. However, Northrend was released in 2008 and I leveled pretty quickly. So it wouldn't be any of the questing areas because the first time I visisted them was still 2008.

/ponder

Has to be Ulduar. First section wasn't that mind blowing, but after you kill Kologarn. You can stand on his head and see the cat lady boss walking around The Keeper's cirle and down to Yogg. Also, the hallway to General V?

Oh yea, I was impressed.

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

I don't really think I lacked anything this year in regards to WoW. If anything, I think I over-achieved and played too much lol...but this is expected.

WoW is digital crack and I haven't been able to or really wanted to shake the habit for 4.5 years.

What was your biggest achievement of the year? What was your biggest failure?

Interesting question. My biggest achievement this year was creating and being apart of a successful raiding guild. My biggest failure was how it fell apart. I not upset that it did fall apart, but thinking back on it, I wish I would have done it differently. I know alot of people were not happy with me due to the way I did it.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?

I was pretty f'nn excited about patch 3.1 lol. When my guild went in there the first week and pwned shit...my guild was the number 3 in progression out of the 10 man guilds.

It was just overall exciting experience for me as a raid leader.

What do you wish you'd done less of?

Playing WoW in general. I don't play a ton compared to alot of people....but then again I haven't killed another human being like a ton of people have too.

See where I am going?

I think I play just a tad too much and sometimes it gets in the way of getting important, real life shit done.

That being said...I don't regret playing at all lol.

I am a happy addict =P

What was your favorite WoW blog or podcast?

I listen to a bunch of podcasts since I got my iphone, but I only listen to one WoW podcast every now and then. Rawrcast is by far the best one that I have found.

I don't have a favorite WoW blog. I check my blogroll daily, but I find myself reading Critical QQ's blog alot. I love his writing style and he is highly entertaining.

I also can't help but to stalk Darraxus and Clearcasting. Drug is by far my favorite non-american / shaman blogger and if you don't read Larisa over at the Pink Pigtail Inn, then you should start ASAP.

Everyone else on my blog roll I love to read, but I don't want to list them all for this answer.

Also, I got to give some love to Matticus and Lodur over at World of Matticus....very well ran blog that is highly informational.

Tell us a valuable WoW lesson you learned in 2009.

Leading a raiding guild, especially a 25 man raiding guild is super stressful. You meet and make alot of friends, but you also lose alot friends that you had in the process.

---------------------------------------

If I linked your blog, you have been tagged! Don't be a wiener and not continue the meme. Mucho love to all of you.

Until next time, I'm WTFout!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As a casual raider, my most exciting thing for 2010, downing Arthas :D

Wish i could roll with you guys to watch that game... curse money!!

Darraxus said...

I accept your challenge!

Arioch said...

Gadzooks! I've been tagged twice.
I guess I really can't get out of it now... might take me a few days though.