Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sleep 1, Blogspot 0

GRRR

So here I am at work cleaning up my site a little bit. I go to the edit post option and then something happened....I got really sleepy....

So now, 2 or 3 minutes have pasted and I am zoned out in a half wake state. I try to wake myself up by deleting two draft posts I have saved.

No big deal right?

Expect I deleted an actually post!!!! My most recent one at that...

I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get it back and I have come to the realization that I can't....

So now I am wide awake, pissed off, and I am down my most recent post.

My sleepy half wake ass has won this battle with blogspot. This place, blogspot, has failed me however. How can they not have a restore button or atleast a prompt stating "HEY, ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE THIS?"

That might have saved my most recent post....highly doubtful....

I have also run into numberous issues with my post in regard to blogspot acting like tard. Could this be the straw that broke my back in regards to keeping my blog at blogspot? I have always thought about moving over to wordpress. I have heard nothing but good things from other bloggers that have done it. More customization options, multiple pages, some neat gadgets, and the ability to RESTORE deleted posts!

So far I have been blogging for 7 months and have over 85 posts here at blogspot. It would be a pretty big operation to move everything over. Then you have to think about your readers and how they would be affected...all of the people that have you on their blog roll would have to be changed....plus its alot of work...

bah....this blows.

What do you guys think? Stick it out with blogspot or go to "where the grass seems greener" at wordpress? I would appreciate your comment if you do. Thanks for reading, sorry about the rant...<3

/endrant

6 comments:

WTFspaghetti said...

So blogspot does give you the option "are you sure you want to delete this post?"

However, the way I did it was completely different and it did not prompt you

drug said...

Dude, and you seriously ask my why I wouldn't trust you with any responsible task? ^^

I never wrote a single post on wordpress, but self hosted wordpress fckn A.

thedoctor said...

@drug

LOL...too funny...f'n harilous

Potts said...

As long as you give me a notice so I can change my bookmark I could care less what you do. I would be interested to see what you would do with more options.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

There's an import/export function in Blogspot now which should make downloading your posts in one document and then uploading them to Wordpress not too hard. Go to your Dashboard and click on Settings. The options should be at the top of the page. Don't delete anything at Blogspot until you know that Wordpress works the way you want, however. I don't like Wordpress myself but it all depends on what you like to do and how.

Syrana said...

I'd highly recommend self hosting... you've been around awhile and plan to be around awhile, amirite?

I don't think we'd mind having to update links, just as long as you post when the move happens and all that jazz. You wouldn't be the first person to make a move! :)