Morning blog lovers
I know that I just got that catchy song in your head with my clever title and you are welcome my friends. =P
That is the way I been feeling all this week and it sucks....ALOT. There are alot of changes at my work right now due to the failing economy. One of these changes is the scary word, consolidation.
My shift, midnight til 8am, consists of six people all who have certain tasks that need to be completed daily in order for the shift to run smoothly and to make management happy. One of the most critical things about my shift is the individual that runs what we call "The Command Center".
The Command Center basically acts like the middle man between all of our IT groups and our business. Very critical aspect when your company is a multi-billion corporation.
So now that you know a little about that, I will tell you this. They are moving 3 people off my shift (including the individual that runs Command Center) and putting their responsibilities on.....you guessed it....ME. Alot more work and no more pay equals sadpanda in my book.
So its got me down a little and pretty pissed off really. I really strive to look on the bright side on most things, so atleast I have a job right?
Ok, enough with this venting crap - ONWARD WITH THE WoWAGE Talk! - WTFspaghetti style!
Random thoughts in my blogmosphere
- Miners rejoice! Some of the new changes that were mentioned in 3.0.8 patch notes is that miners no longer have to tap the node more then one time. Now, the first time you tap the node you will get everything that the particular node was going to give you. (ores, crystals, jewels) That should save some time off farming.
- Trackbacks, or backlinks as Blogger refers to them. I for the life of me can not figure them out. I have everything setup correctly in my settings, but I am still failing to see how they actually work. Can anyone help me with this? I will totally give you some gold if you reroll on my server.
- The Oracle's "Mysterious Egg" has finally hatched for me! YAY! I just know that it is a Emerald Proto-Drake mount! Nope, I fail again - It was some "Aged Yolk" I refuse to switch factions until I get my big cow hoofs on that baby.
- Going back in Naxxramas on Friday with the guild. Hopefully our dps will be good enough to to take down Patchwerk. I wish I wasn't but I am doubtful. Our top 3 dps will not be going on Friday and they were the ones that were picking up the slack from the people that were only dps around the 1100 range.
- I don't have a dps class at 80, so I do not know how hard it is to do atleast 1500 dps constantly . I do however know that I ran a ton of heroics and spent around 2.5k gold getting my toon ready for Naxx. I know a couple of our players were pretty newly dinged 80s, so I can only hope they made a major jump in their gear.
- I have been hitting a writers block in regards of what to write about. BlogAzeroth has a pretty nice forum for blogstorming, but nothing that I can really relate to and write about.
- I am pretty hungry to get a timed run of CoT Strat done sometime shortly. I ran it with some "decent dps" and missed it by about 5 minutes. Group composition wise, I think it would be best if you had a DK or a Pally tank, and the rest aoe dmg classes. (Ret Paladins, Death Knights, Hunters, Mages, Shadow priests.) Ofcouse, all of them would have to do atleast 1600-1700+ dps to be successful.
Unrelated WoW stories that crack me up
- "Porn industry seeks 5 billion dollars in Federal Bailout" I am not even going to comment on this one....just an EPIC win lol
- "Brain implant better than meds for Parkinson's disease" - Dang! We are at this point in human kind? Good lord
- "The dumbest Criminal EVER, period" - Seriously guys. If you don't read any of these stories, you MUST read this one. It is the definition of FAIL, I still can't stop laughing lol. Classic I tell ya, classic.
- "6 year old drives to school" - The 6 year old actually ended up driving for 10 miles! Funniest thing about the story is that he told cops he learned how to drive from "Grand Theft Auto"
Until next time - Let you loot be phat and your repair bills low - WTFout