...is it me or did that last sentence sound too cliche? Definitely sounded like something you would hear on a "MONSTER JAM" radio commerical or something lol...
- I am going for all of the world event achievements on my Restro Shaman, including the Lunar event.
- The title you are given for completing this event is "Elder"
- I have a huge problem getting the "Elder" title on my least oldest toon.
- My Mage has been around since Vanilla WoW and I would consider him "my oldest" active toon.
- My Shaman is "my youngest" toon and has only been around enough to raid Kara a handful of times before the expansion came out. Roughly 8 or 9 months.
- I don't RP (role play) with any of my toons, but I can't help but to feel like I am doing my mage wrong. I feel guilty and dirty....lol
From the Urban Dictionary
Flip the Script - To do the unexpected. To deviate from the norm
ie. (Clean version) I flipped the script on that female when I told her I was leaving her stank butt
First of all, this post is a reply from an article from our favorite goblin, Gevlon. You can read his article here and I really suggest you read it....like now. Go ahead, I will be here waiting =P
Ok, now that you are back I will give a quick overview of the article. The article states that Blizzard should completely flip the script in regards to how the current end game works.
Instead of gearing up in 5 man heroics when you turn 80, you would gear up 10 and 25 man raids.
So you ask then what would be the end game, the hard stuff right? Well they would be 5 man instances, heroic versions of course. Yes, Blizzard would have to adjust gear so the better gear would be in heroic 5 mans and of course they would have to make the current heroic 5 man much harder.
The reason why I like it so much is that it would be ALOT easier to find 5 good and skilled players then it would be to find 10 or 25 or the same token. As Gevlon stated, Blizzard would already have 50+ instances to work with. Imagine Heroic Walling Caverns or Dead Mines, how fun would that be right?
In these new heroic versions, the trash and the bosses would have to be changed to make it more challenging like I stated before above.
What about the social aspect?
I know what you are thinking, but what if I like the social atmosphere that raiding brings? Fair enough, I know alot of raiders out there raid solely for this purpose.
Bring back the 40 mans and make then a HUGE gear check. Heroic Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, hell...you could even make Karazhan into a 40 man with some adjustments. The main point would be to keep the players that enjoy those big social groups and the hardcore people paying their monthly payment and happy.
So lets review
- You are keeping the casual players happy with heroic 5 mans and you are also keeping them very busy with all of the new instances revamped.
- You are keeping the players that enjoy the social aspect of the game, the larger groups, with 10 and 25 man instances. This would also be the way to gear up for the harder heroic instances.
- You are keeping the hardcore players and those big guilds together by bringing back 40 man raids.