Gobble Gobble blog lovers!
So I log in this morning, roughly 6:30am server time, and the only guy that is logged in that early tells me "grats".
I check to see who is on in the guild and realized it was just us two....so I asked him wtf he is talking about....or who...just a general wtf
If you logged in on 11/23/08, you get an achievement! How fun right? The achievement is to mark WoW's 4 year anniversary. That got me thinking...I have been playing this game for 3 1/2 years!
Good lord...The people that are working at Blizzard, especially the business side....are geniuses. Plain and simple people. I have been playing video games since I was 5 years old. I am currently 23..../math...divide by 3 and carry the 2...
...So that adds up to 18 years of video gaming. Never ONCE did I play a game consistently for even 10 months in a row. I think the longest I have played a game besides WoW was probably some old school games like Mortal Kombat, Mario Kart, Blades of Steel, Super Mario....maybe one of the GTAs, who knows.
The point is that Blizzard has developed digital crack cocaine and they are apart of the 5% of Americans that are not affected by the struggling economy. F'n geniuses I tell ya. I think I am going to start calling Blizzard my drug dealer.
Don't get me wrong...I am not mad/sad/upset at Blizzard. Not at all, I love the digital crack, I need to get my fix daily....multiple times a day usually.
On to other news...
I am still struggling to pick a main to level to 80. Currently, my mage is 72, pally is 71, and my restro shaman is now 71. This weekend I didn't have alot of time to play, but when I did it was mostly my restro shaman. He is a badass....Riptide is amazing. Especially since it makes your lesser healing waves 0.5 second casts! I had a LHW crit for 4200....that is just silly considering my gear (T4).
I had a conversation with a Nexus pug group I was healing about what class would they rather have healing the group. All of them agreed that they rather have a priest only because of fort. Other then that they would want a shaman for their totems and the 1 minute of BEASTMODE, aka Bloodlust/Heroism. Now this is just a pug, however, it was a very good pug. It was one of those groups that had people from tops guilds in it...you know the kind. The kind were you take a deep breath of relief because you know that you aren't with a bunch of NOOBS. They also said I was the first shaman healer they came across in a really long time. I agree with that, Restro shamans are few and far between it seems these days....atleast in PUGs. I know when I am tanking or dpsing, I would want a priest, then a pally healer....then its up in the air.
What about you? Which healing class would you prefer in a 5 man situation?
~ Monday Morning Random Thoughts ~
1. Hoof'n Heals wrote a post just for me, which I thought was pretty cool. It definitely was a good read and I suggest you go over to his blog in read it.
2. Where are all the hunters at? Out of the 20 groups I have had for various instances, I have only been grouped with one hunter. Now that I think about, I have only seen a couple while I been questing. So where did they go? Did they all reroll DKs or did they decide to level another toon first? Where is the hunter love? Don't you guys know you can aoe grind now? Search youtube for Gorlliadin, there is a excellent demonstration done by BigRedKitty.
3. Azjol-Nerub was pretty f'n fun. I love how all three bosses were right after each other. I think a slow pug can do this instance in 30 minutes. A quick guild run, maybe 15 minutes tops? Plus it was very cool to be walking on spiderwebs. I remember the first time I jumped on the spiderwebs I thought I was going to go right through and die lol. I was pretty surprise when the rest of my group just jump on it lol.
4. AoE spells have gotten a huge buff in the xpan. If you have 2 aoeing classes in a 5 man group, you should definitely, DEFINITELY aoe everything down. As a frost mage, I hit for 500 and crit for 1100 using Blizzard. If I use my trinket and have my water elemental freeze the group. I can hit for 900 and crit for 1300. Also, keep in mind that the warlock aoe is even crazier. Alot more dmg, like almost double the above numbers.
5. Short work week for the people that still have their jobs. I hope everybody gains a couple pounds during Turkey Day. Remember, it is a fest! So eat like its one!