Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Morning Warcraft - A Weekend Full of Win

Monday Morning Warcraft is a weekly post that illustrates random thoughts and events that occurred over the weekend in the life of a wowhead. Feel free to e-mail me with questions, suggestions, hate mail, ect... mlange0385 at yahoo dot com

Morning blog lovers!

The weekend came and past. Damn that was quick!

Seriously, that is why I don't like my weekends to be full with stuff to do. The weekend seems to last longer when you have absolutely nothing planned. I will say this though, it was fun. The UFC fight and the Super Bowl were both this weekend and I was only disappointed in one of them.

UFC fight, Bj Penn and GSP. First of all, the card in general seemed to be lacking a little bit. The main fight really wasn't a fight at all either, Bj Penn got SERVED. I wouldn't ever think that I would see Penn throw in the towel, but when he did I couldn't blame him. He was getting worked on every level and overall it was a little disappointing because I been waiting for this fight for a long time.

Super Bowl was, as I hoped, a good game and a great time. I couldn't stay for all of it because I had to get a nap in before I went to work, but it was an awesome game and I applaud to that. My stomach is in alot of pain from all of the variety of food that I ate. Ugh...seriously, it still feels pretty bad....moving on to a different subject.

The Super Bowl commericals that I saw were pretty good. I really want to see the new G.I. Joe movie when it comes out solely for the badass factor. Anyway, here is a link to view all of the Super Bowl Ads 2009. Remember, with businesses paying 3 million dollars for a 30 second air time, its safe to assume that they went all out. By the way, Congrats to the Pittsburgh Steelers, the most winning franchise in NFL history. (6 Super Bowls titles)

Ok ok, now on to the good stuff. O yes, lets begin the WoW Talk!!!

WTFspaghetti's 15 man choir - Haaaaalleluuuujah!

Thats what I am talking about.

First things first, I dinged 80 with my Mage on Friday. Yay for me, I now have a dps and a healing class to mess around with at max level. Next is my tank, Paladin, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Welcome back to the Stage of History, FIGHT! (Mage style)

It was nice having my Mage being my second 80 because I had ALOT of upgrades waiting for him in the bank. I also got my tailoring up to 440 and now I am sporting my ebonweave robe and gloves.

I also took an hour out of my day farmed the mats for my Deathchill Cloak which is WELL worth it. I was rocking about 1500-1600 dps in heroics before my cloak. I am now around 1700-1800 with just the cloak added. Anytime your dps goes up 200 from one item, it is a WIN.

Currently, I am obsessed with hit rating. I am at work so I can't check exactly what my hit is currently, but I know it is atleast 250-270ish. Which works out to about 7 or 8% of my 17% that I need for raiding. With my talents, I am rocking 14% which is good for everything besides raid bosses. Spell Hit has always been a bit of a mystery to me because I never really raided with my Mage in TBC, so I am not calming to be an expert at it at all. I would check out Player vs Developer's post, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about. I have it permanently linked on my page under the Mage section, but here it is again.

Overall, I am pretty excited about getting my Mage to 80 and doing this thing they call, damage dealing. We shall see how it works out.

Naxxramas

O yes, O yes. I know you been waiting seating on the edge of your seats waiting for me to talk about our guilds progression in Naxxramas.

/end sarcaism

Well, it went how it should go. Learn from your mistakes and collect the loot.

I am happy to report that my guild is downed 11 out of the 15 bosses in Naxxramas. We would have taken out Gluth, but due to the Super Bowl we had to call it. Which was complete weaksauce, but hey...Some of us had a party to prepare for =P

It seems like we finally have a stable group of people that are going every week instead of 3-4 different people a week. This makes a HUGE difference in regards to progression and it has been showing.

We rolled in the Death Knight quarter and cleared that place out within an hour or so. The Four Horseman fight wasn't too bad, pretty simple actually. I was super surprised how easy Gothik was...I mean when we 1 shot a new boss, you know it was SIMPLE lol. With the Four Horsemen, it only took us 3 or 4 tries before everyone was on the same page. (2 of the 4 wipes were due to one person)

Overall, I am looking forward to clearing the rest of the Construct Quarter and start on the last two bosses, Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad. Now you might be reading this and think to yourself, GOD, they must suck...Naxx 10 man is ezmode LAWL

I will kindly have to agree, but for us its challenging enough and that is all that matters. Especially when you are in a super causal guild and have limited playing time.

In other news...

~Monday Morning Madness~
  • Guild made a solid attempt on 1 drake up during OS

  • We decided to leave Tenebron up, the one with whelps, and I think that was our first mistake

  • Everyone did what they were suppose to do, we just couldn't get it done. I think next week we are going to try with Vespiron up. His debuff is alot more manageable I'm sure (25% less HP)

  • It really gives you a sense on exactly how hard 3 drakes up on 10 man OS really is....I really couldn't imagine healing or dpsing it. Talk about some coorindation....

  • So the Lunar Festival is going on and as I mention in my other post, I am having some major issues chosen which toon to do it with. My oldest toon, Mage, or the toon that is the newest and already has one of the world event titles.

  • I have decided, even though I don't do any sort of role playing, that I have to get the "Elder" title on my Mage. It is the right thing to do in my mind, even though I know its crazy lol.

  • I haven't decided if I should get the title on both or not.....I probably should....eh...who knows. More to come on this subject at a later date lol

  • I been saying all last week that my T7 shoulders are going to drop, well they didn't. Three weeks in a row the same shoulders (Rogue, Death Knight, Druid, Mage) dropped...weakness

Quote of the day
“Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today”
- Malcolm X

Song of the day
"Magic Carpet Ride"
The Second
Steppenwolf

"Magic Carpet Ride"? You might asking yourself...

..."thedoctor, what made me pick that song?"

Well I will tell you in the form of a picture

O ya, you know you are jealous =P

Until next time, let your loot be phat and your repair bills low. I'm WTFout of here!

fo shizzie

1 comment:

Darraxus said...

Grats on the weekend raiding. My guild cleared Naxx 25 for the first time over the weekend, but I wasnt there. I also got boned out of Archavon 25.