Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Monday Morning...wait..what day is it?

Afternoon blog lovers!

So I am going to assume from my own analyzing, that most of my readers work or go to school during the week, more than likely between the hours of 8am and 6pm(ish). I want all of you that fall in that category to imagine working or going to school during my normal shift, midnight to 8am.

A normal day for me would be to wake up at 6-7pm, eat dinner, and hang out with the girl until I have to get ready for work. I clock in at work at midnight and clock out at 8am. I then go home and play WoW until around 11am / noon, repeat till the weekend.

For the next two weeks I am working my normal shift on Monday, then the dreaded first shift the rest of the week.

I'm not going to lie, I feel like I am living in the twilight zone currently. I have no idea what day it is, hints the name of this post, and for some reason there is now traffic when I go and come home from work (>_<)-p .

So just an FYI to those people who read my blog on a regular basis...one of your authors is stuck in hell. I will try to send a postcard every once in awhile...

Onward with the WoWage!

WTFspaghetti's 15 man choir: "ooooooOOOOOOOOOOO FO SHIZZLE"


As I wrote about last week, our new guild first raid was this weekend. I was pretty f'n excited to see what everyone was made of and how good we actually would do. I was also a little nervous, I know how important first impressions are and I wanted to set a standard of how things were going to work in our guild.

Most importantly, I wanted to start on time! I always hated not starting on time with my old guild and I didn't want to give that impression during our first guild raid. Of course, we ended up started 20 minutes late due to 2 people that actually signed up, not showing up on time.

However, they did have reasons when I spoke to them later, but that is neither here or there...

Spider Wing - 1 shotted
Plague Wing - 1 shotted except for Loatheb (killed 2nd attempt)
Military Wing - 1 shotted except for Four Horsemen (killed 4th attempt)

Then we ran out of raid time for Saturday. I wasn't upset, but I felt we could have done alot better. However I was excited that within one week of recruiting, we got a full guild run together.

Its not like we did horrible either, so I was looking forward to clear the rest on Sunday.

Construct Quarter CHAOS!

Sunday started on time and 1 shotted Patchwerk. We then spent 8 attempts on Grob!!!

OMG, what the hell is going on here? It wasn't like people didn't understand what was going on, it was that at least 1 person would fail at some point during the encounter. We finally pulled together and killed em and collected our badge, both items were d/e'd. LOL

Just from that, we wasted 2.5 hours of precious raid time. Pretty horrible considering you have a maximum of 4 hours. From there we wiped on Gluth, but then made a quick change in the kiters and kill him. We had time for one attempt on Thaddius and die due to the polarity mishappenings.


I think it was a success because actually everyone stuck around and finally came through on a boss that was hard for the raid. Plus, I never killed Gluth before and that made me happy.

Morning Morni...o ya...Tuesday Afternoon Madness!

Logged in on Monday morning and I was happy to find a guild full of level 80 guildies! Hey, thats pretty cool, I am used to playing with just a few max level players during my main playing time (morning server time).

So what to do? Well, we took full advantage and cleared the rest of Naxxramas!!

Was it a full guild clear? No, we had 2 pug'd dps.
Am I counting it as one though? Hell yes I am lol...why not?

What a great feeling.

WoW hasn't made me feel this way since the good ol'days of Vanilla WoW and we cleared BWL for the first time. It did help that I got my t7 helm which means I am rocking my 4 piece set bonus..../dance

I have a couple other things I want to talk about but I will save it for another time. Until next time blog lovers, i'm WTFout!


Fish said...

I feel your pain, I used to work 3pm to midnight, but then whenever we would have training, it would be 8am - 5pm. I spent the majority of my post high school years trying not to operate before 10am. ..then I went an grew up and leave the house at 7:10 to get to work by 8, you have my condolensces. But as a consolation, you get to hit up all the juicy ore nodes when no one is around, I am almost jealous ;)

Ribeye said...

I have to say, that's a damn fine result for just recently forming a guild. It's tough enough to get your raiding core together,much less to do so with skilled / geared people who can fill the appropriate roles. Well done!

Arthak said...

That is really impressive for a "first time" raid.

kyrilean said...

That's awesome! Gratz!

I feel your pain as well. In school during the summer, I worked two jobs. 8am-5pm and then 10pm-4am. It sucked, but it paid for school.

Syrana said...

Awesome on the clear!

And I, too, feel your pain about changing shifts at work. I currently work a first shift job and have for almost 4 years. But, prior to that I worked 2nd and 3rd swing shifts. Ugh. And then 1st shift trainings and staff meetings. More ugh. Then try to switch to 1st shift living with hubby on my off days.

I never knew if I was comin' or going.