Morning blog lovers!
Nothing like a weekend filled with over crowed stores, redonkious check out lines, -10 degree weather, and my drink of choice - Crown w/coke. Even after all of that I still have a couple things still on my list to get. Thinking about the actual event of going shopping makes my mind hurt. I much rather sit at home, in the warmth, relax, and play my favorite addiction...World of Warcraft.
So lets get into it shall we? WTFspaghetti style!
Last week I took a break from the level grind to 80 and decided to complete the holiday event, Winter's Veil. I am happy to announce that I am completely done with all of the achievements that are currently unlocked. However, this was by far the most time consuming event that I have done.
You see, 90% of the event was very simple. Really not time consuming, but did required some running around and doing some errands. No biggie in my opinion. However, there are two achievements that required some major time invested for the average wow player, Fa-la-la-la-Ogri'la and Winter Veil Gourmet.
Fa-la-la-la-Ogri'la requires you to complete a simple daily - Bomb them again! in Ogri'la. No big deal right? In order to do this quest you must complete a chain of 10 quests. The kicker is that 5 of the quests require you to kill a 72 elite and one out of those five requires 5 people in a group. You need the 5 people to summon one of the elites.
Fun stuff right?
WTFspaghetti Choir - DAAMMN__RIIIGGHHTTT!
Love those guys, good people. As I was saying...
Winter Veil Gourmet has you use your culinary skills to create some holiday goodies. Gingerbeard cookies, egg Nnog, and hot apple cider. To make gingerbeard cookies and egg nog, you need to level cooking to skill level 35. (Takes about 15 minutes) Here is the kicker, you need a skill level of 325 in order to make the hot apple cider!
Don't be like me and think that its a good idea to level fishing with cooking because "you might as well". No, no, no....fishing takes more time then you realize and is very, very, slow to skill up. I stopped leveling fishing at 250. I continued on with the cooking and made the 325 very quickly.
To my surprise, I am actually a little sad that it is all over and I have to start the grind to 80 again. I had alot of fun running around the old zones that I used to frequently roam. Killing lowbies allies, soloing Dire Maul East for a stupid cooking recipe that I didn't even need, (read outdated cooking leveling guide) and just laughing at myself for leveling fishing and cooking when I am not even 80.
It was fun, what can I say? In other news....
I am rather intrigued with WTFspaghetti's own P's post about Death Knight tanking. As a healer, I have had all three specs as my tanks in groups I have been on. If I had to rate them in order from easiest to hardest to heal it would be...
Frost, Unholy, Blood
...However, after reading P's post and looking at the elitist jerks forum. I am beginning to think that blood is the best tree to go down for tanking. I am still not convinced, but I am sure that P will do some testing of his own and report back to us.
- Ran Halls of Stone and Halls of Lighting over the weekend. I must say that they were both very fun and very eye catching. Halls of Stone really got my attention with its cool looking environment exciting story line. What can I say, I am a noob like that =P
- Halls of Lighting was very challenging for a 77-78 healer. Don't get me wrong, I was able to complete every run I did this weekend. However, it got pretty stressful during the last two bosses.
- Speaking of the bosses in Halls of Lighting, Lokan is a tricky, fight. I am glad that I have an AoE healing spell because the only way we took him down was to stack up on the tank. I just binded every key to chain heal and rolled my face on the keyboard repeated for 3 minutes and BAM - phat loot =P
- I got promoted to an Officer in my guild on Sunday. Not sure how to take it because we are such a layed back, casual guild. We did raid before the xpan and currently have plans to raid, but I don't know. I feel to be successful some changes have to occur. If they made me an officer, they should assume that I am going to push for some change and make my voice heard, hopefully they will take it well.
- I have a four day weekend coming up and I am super stoked about it. The goal is to be 80 by Saturday, 12/27. I will keep you informed of course!
- Crafted gear is your friend. For every class there are 2 to 3 items that can be crafted that are a great baseline for raiding in Nax. If you want to be proactive, go to wowhead and take a look at some of the new craftable gear that would suite you best. I know for myself I am going to have my chest and feet crafted for around 400-500 gold. Not bad at all considering dailies and various other ways to make that CASHMONEY.
So there you have it. If you have read this far down the post I would like to thank you for reading. If you feel like you can add something to the blog, spice things up a bit, I am always up for ideas. I would love to hear from somebody that would like to make a weekly post about a certain class or topic. So let your thoughts be heard! Get in contact with me, in game or e-mail.